Saturday, August 20, 2011

Citrus Room Spray

Having a baby in the house again totally brings back all my paranoias about the whole house smelling of dirty diapers - so when I was doing my usual browse of Pinterest the other day and came across this idea for creating your very own citrus room spray, I couldn't not make some.  I did some extra research, and came across numerous recipes, all of which were pretty much the same, so I don't really feel I need to give a shout out to my original source (especially since it wasn't very good). Here goes:

Supplies:

Air tight jar
Citrus fruit - lemons, limes, oranges
Vodka
Small spray bottle (I use the little travel size ones)

Carefully peel your fruit, and add the peels to your jar.  Fill it up with peels.  I was careful not to use any of the pith, but after reading about making your own flavored vodkas, I'm not sure it matters.  Now fill the jar with vodka, seal it up, and set it somewhere out of the sun for a few days.

When it's done, open it up, fill your sprayer about half to three-quarters full of the vodka, and the rest with water.  Shake it up, and spray away!

Please note that this isn't like the aerosol sprays you can buy in the stores.  The coverage can be less than ideal, probably due to the size of the scent particles or something.  If you don't like the way it sprays...well, it tastes great!


No comments:

Post a Comment