Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kitchen Tips: Cleaning Glass Bakeware

I love my Pyrex baking dishes.  I use them all the time for everything from lasagna to roasted veggies, to roasting all the ingredients for my delicious Roasted Red Salsa (which I make at least weekly).  In fact, I just made another huge batch, this time using only tomatoes from my mother's garden, as well as garden peppers, and much beloved Hatch chiles.  It is SO super delish.  But I digress.

After making all this yummy food, my glassware is starting to look gunky.  Even after scrubbing and scrubbing, still that baked on funk won't come off.  In fact, this is how it looks with all it's "clean dirt":

This is as clean as I've been able to get it.  "Clean Dirt"


Then I remembered reading this little tip from RealSimple:  use tin foil to clean your glass bakeware.  Um, really?  I had to try it.  And let me be the first to tell you, it WORKS.  And not just a little, it really, REALLY works.  See the proof:

Before...

After!


I was so excited I had to call my mom.

1 comment: